Friday, December 14, 2012

Not quite done....Christmas Tag #10

 
This one is a loose interpretation of Maile Belles' delightful tag from day 10.  I had to make a lot of changes to keep it with my Peacock and Raspberry theme, but I kept the flavor and loved the simplicity of this.  Instead of a Kraft tag, I stained a manilla tag with picked raspberry stain, then I couldn't find any white ink for the life of me so I used versamark and detail white embossing powder for the ornaments...because no, I don't have any thought bubble stamps, but I do like my ornaments.  I tried lots of different tapes but they all looked so washed out that I ended up going with my all time favorite tape...7 gypsies polka dot gaffer tape....the black is a little dominant, but I like all the polka dots....LOL!  I do like Maile wrapped the tape around the tag and made the little banner thing - I'll use that trick again for sure!  Play along at http://ellenhutson.typepad.com/the_classroom_new/ - you have until Sunday to upload creations.  I bet I can get 2, maybe 3 more done.  My favorite is Paula's day 11, but that one will tag a LONG time and I can't quite figure out out to adapt it to my pink and teal theme, but I'll work on it....

No comments:

Post a Comment