Friday, April 9, 2010

The most asked question of the week...

How did you do this???



This is one of the samples I made for the Sizzix sample board featuring the new Tim Holtz Alterations dies. I think it's my favorite, but it has generated the most questions - no doubt. There have been all kinds of guesses about metal, alcohol inks, pigment inks, etc. Just about every time I've been in the store this week someone has wanted to talk about it. It was FAST and super easy....here are the steps:
1) Cut a 6¨ square piece of chipboard with the Scrollwork edge die.
2) Paint it with the Snowcap Paint Dabber.
3) Paint it again with the Pearl Paint Dabber. (I ¨pounced¨ both for texture.)
4) Stamp image in Jet Black Archival Ink.
5) Add black velvet ribbon and little gem on top of Eiffel Tower.
6) Spritz two white flowers with a mixture of Barn Door reinker and Pewter Perfect Pearls in a Mini Mister. When they are dry, stamp with french script stamp in Jet Black Archival Ink. Put pearl brad through flowers and adhere with pop dot.
7) Add year or saying in stickers on bottom left.
8) Punch holes for binder rings on left side.
Presto, you have a cover for a little book. I made one for myself, and cut the papers with the scrollwork edge too! I love how the edge dies cut through chipboard, grungeboard, stacks of paper, even felt.
Have fun playing with the edge dies!

No comments:

Post a Comment